Update Your Post-Graduation Status
Graduating students and recent alumni, update your status by completing UA’s First Destination Survey as you finalize your post-graduation plans. The First Destination Survey is a nationally recognized tool used to capture information about how college graduates fare in their careers within six months of graduation.
First Destination Fall 2022 Survey First Destination Spring 2023 Survey
The Career Center has compiled a summary of salary and job placement information for undergraduate classes based on surveys conducted across regular intervals throughout the year.
Pages in report:
- Career Outcomes Summary
- Displays response and post-graduation status by semester, education level and school/college. Includes top destinations and breakdown of career outcome by college.
- Employment Summary
- Displays information on students that reported a working outcome. Includes employer location and reported average salary by major and employer.
- Graduate School Page
- Shows information on students that reported having been accepted into and planning on attending graduate school after graduation.
Calculations in report:
- Knowledge Rate
- (Number of students that have responded to the survey) / (Number of students graduating)
- Positive Outcome
- (Number of students with a reported outcome of continuing education, military, volunteering or working) / (Number of students with a reported outcome of continuing education, military, volunteering or working + Number of students still looking for employment or to continue their education)
The University of Alabama Career Center follows first destination survey reporting standards by the National Association of Colleges and Employers (NACE). NACE defines knowledge rate as the percent of graduates for which the institution has reasonable and verifiable information concerning post-graduation career activities.
Career Outcomes Summary
For an accessible version of this report, or to obtain specific information, please email email@example.com using the subject line “Career Outcomes” and we will be happy to assist you.
Instructions for use:
- Use the filter panes at the top of each page to search for desired information.
- To reset filter or start a new search, select the “Clear All Filters” button in the bottom left hand corner of the page.
- For full screen viewing, please press the double-sided arrow on the bottom right hand side of the report.