Thank you for recruiting at The University of Alabama! We appreciate your interest in our students and alumni. The Career Center has world-class interviewing facilities, hosting more than 4,400 interviews annually, and can accommodate phone and Skype interviews. To request an on-campus interview, you will need a Handshake account; register or log in at joinhandshake.com/employers.
The Career Center has 18 interview rooms that are equipped with a table, chairs and high-speed internet access. Rooms can accommodate up to six people comfortably. Recruiters will have access to an employer snack room, complete with coffee, cold drinks, and snacks. After students check in at the front desk, they will be directed to a student waiting area until you are ready to greet them.
Employer User Agreement & Posting Guidelines
By establishing a free account in Handshake, you agree to the following statement:
I agree that I will be solely responsible for the content of my profile and the content of all listings that I post in Handshake and that I will abide by the policies as set forth by The National Association of Colleges and Employers (NACE) Principles for Professional Practice. I understand that my account may be suspended or deactivated without prior notice at any time for any reason.
Employers and organizations recruiting at The University of Alabama are expected to adhere to:
- The National Association of Colleges and Employers (NACE) Principles for Professional Practice
- U.S. Equal Employment Opportunity Commission (EEOC)
- Collection and use of data by the Career Center is governed by the Federal Family Educational Rights and Privacy Act (FERPA)
- All job postings must be for legitimate openings. No multi-level marketing jobs, mystery shopper, door-to-door sales, home-based businesses, or “business opportunity” postings are allowed.
- For a position to be listed as an internship, it must meet these requirements:
- Must provide professional experience that relates to the student’s major field or area of career interest
- Must be at least 80 percent professional work
- Must occupy at least one academic term (fall, spring or summer)
- Must be at least 10 weeks in duration during the spring or fall term, or 8 weeks during the summer
- Interns must work a minimum of 10 hours per week
- Must require continuous supervision by a professional (not a student) in the field
- Every full-time job must require/prefer at least a bachelor’s degree.
- The job title, description, and requirements must be included. Organizations must identify themselves, the job’s title, description, requirements, and the location of the position.
- Third-party recruiters, search firms, employment consultants and placement services must identify themselves as such and may not require a placement fee from the student. Such organizations must sign a Third Party Agreement before posting their job opportunities.
- A statement that the employer is an “Equal Opportunity Employer” should be included. No postings will be allowed for an employer who does not follow equal-opportunity practices.
- Contact information must be kept current and available to the Career Center, along with additional data (full name, address, phone, email) in your Handshake account.
- All jobs may be posted for up to 90 days and will be deactivated after the posted expiration date. Organizations will be notified when a posting is about to expire, and it is the responsibility of the employer to renew the posting, if desired, by extending the expiration date.
- It is the responsibility of the employer to cancel a posting if the opportunity has been filled.
- The Career Center strives for open access and connections between students and employing organizations. The Career Center reserves the right to determine if an employer, contact, or posting is in violation of the guidelines. By posting your job or internship, you agree that it is in compliance with our guidelines. In order to prevent abuse and to keep the system appropriate for our students, we reserve the right to remove any employer, contact, or posting without prior notice, at any time for any reason.
- Employers seeking to fill a part-time position locally with a work-study student should follow the instructions located at http://financialaid.ua.edu/workstudy/.
- Employers seeking to fill a part-time position should go to the UA student job site at http://www.uastudentjobs.ua.edu/.
Instructions for Requesting an On-Campus Interview Schedule
To request an on-campus interview schedule, follow the instructions on the Engaging On Campus page.