Professional attire is a critical component of making your best impression at a Career Fair. Our simple guide below will help you decide what to wear to the fairs. All attire should be clean and wrinkle-free. Don’t forget! Students and alumni may access our Crimson Career Closet to borrow business attire for Career Fairs and other events.
- Suit — black, gray, or navy are safe bets
- Contrasting jacket and skirt or pants
- Skirts should fall below the knees when standing and cover thighs when seated
- Pants may be cuffed or un-cuffed
- White or solid-color dress shirt or blouse
- Dress shirts typically have pointed rather than button-down collars
- Solid color or subtle pattern tie
- Closed-toe heels or dress shoes
- Socks worn with dress shoes should be a dark color and crew length
- Simple accessories/jewelry
- Belt that matches shoes/attire
- Black, brown, or burgundy notebook or portfolio
- Grab a portfolio for free at the Career Center if you don’t have one!
Inappropriate attire: Jeans or other denim, flip-flops or sandals, tennis shoes, or white socks. Please avoid revealing clothes such as plunging necklines, exposed midriffs, and skirts above the knee.