Champion Your Career This Semester!
Students who are seeking to grow their network can stop by the Career Center, or one of our satellite offices, to receive a Career Champion Card. By attending our events, you will be entered to win some great prizes!
Each time you complete an item, have a Career Center team member sign off/punch your card.
You may turn in your Career Champion Card to be approved by the Career Center from November 28 – December 2.
How to Complete the Card
- Complete Your Handshake Profile: Learn more about how to complete your profile.
- Networking Events
- On-Campus Interview
- VMock Elevator Pitch: Practice your elevator pitch and receive feedback for improvement. Click here to learn more about the platform.
- Complete Your Career Fair Plus Profile: Upload your resume, connect your LinkedIn account, and more to complete your profile. During the fairs, you can access the interactive floorplan and learn more about participating employers.
- Career Fair: Attend a Career Fair this semester. Click here for a full list of available fairs.
- Career Fair Crash Course
- Appointment: Schedule an appointment in Handshake to meet with a Career Consultant. We offer a variety of resources to assist students and alumni with self-assessment, career exploration, and job search strategies.
- Workshop: Register and attend a workshop hosted by the Career Center. Visit the Events section in Handshake for details on upcoming workshops.
- Info Session: Register and attend an information session with an employer. Visit the Events section in Handshake for details on upcoming info sessions.
- Students who check all boxes on the Career Champion Card will be automatically entered into a drawing to win an internship stipend for the summer of 2023. You will not have to submit an application.
- You must bring your Career Champion Card to each event that you attend in order to receive a “check.”
- A staff member from the Career Center must initial your boxes to get “checks.”
If chosen for a stipend, you must have your internship offer letter approved by the Career Center before receiving the stipend.
- The amount of the stipend will depend on the type of internship you have.
- A Grad Pack prize will be awarded to winners who do not have a summer internship.
- The same rules for the Internship Stipend above apply for the Grad Pack.